LARTC 2nd Annual Meeting
Your most comprehensive Latin American refining technology conference
This website holds all of the information about the 2013 event. The next event will go into production soon and details will appear here when they are available. So please add this page to your favourites list and visit back often for updates. Alternatively, please fill out the remind me form and we will contact you as soon as more information is available.
Global Technology Forum hosted the LARTC 2nd Annual Meeting in the wonderful city of Rio de Janeiro. LARTC brought together senior refining and petrochemical professionals to examine the latest projects, discuss investment opportunities, explore cutting edge technological developments and find solutions to operational challenges facing the downstream sector within the Latin American region.
Agenda highlights included:
- Opening keynote presentation from PETROBRAS
- A perspective on the North American crudes evolution and the implications for the Latin American market presented by WOOD MACKENZIE
- PETROTRIN will present on their Clean Fuels Program involving the Gasoline Optimization Program (GOP)and the Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD) project
- A case study on PEMEX's Tula refinery project
- BAIN & COMPANY present their thoughts on "The future for ethanol and fossil fuels in Brazil - a regional and global perspective"
- Experiences and results of energy saving projects at the YPF Luján de Cuyo Refinery
- PLUS case studies from other regional refiners
And technical presentations from other leading industry experts including:
- Opportunities to exploit the heavy oil abundance in Latin America
- Processes to produce liquid transportation fuels from renewable resources
- Evaluations of safety and environmental compliance within major world class refineries
- Processes for understanding generation mechanismsfor FCC unit particulate emissions
- Updates and challenges from regulatory laws inLatin America
- A case study setting new international benchmarksfor plant shutdowns and turnarounds
- Unique processing solutions to minimize petcoke and maximize production of desirable products thus increasing refinery profitability
- Innovative hydrotreating technology to obtain ULSD
- New technologies for improved safety and reliability of the delayed coker
- Hydrogen perspectives for heavy oil refining
Here are just a few comments from attendees at the inaugural LARTC Annual Meeting which took place in Miami in February 2012, we look forward to welcoming them back to the 2013 conference:
‘It was very useful in my duties' - Refining and Petrochemical Leader, ECOPETROL S.A.
‘The LARTC first round was a success and opens the possibility to maintain it as an important annual event in the refining technology area' - Hydroprocessing Technology Senior Consultant, PETROBRAS
‘Excellent technical meeting to exchange experiences and learn about technological advances' - Petroleum Engineer, PEMEX
‘Presentations were very informative' - Head, Refinery Scheduling, PETROTRIN LTD
'Good organization and program content. Case studies well presented and high level of interaction between presenters and attendees' - Strategic Marketing Director Latin America, HONEYWELL UOP